Front camber kit needed when lowering a 2g?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Front camber kit needed when lowering a 2g?

Post by Gdmbat85 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:50 am

Hey guys, I'm getting some coilovers for my 2g and I was wondering if a front camber kit was required when lowering the car. I've heard that it isn't needed, but I haven't really seen anyone actually get their camber checked to make sure it was within spec. If it matters, I'm probably going to be lowering the car about the same as an Eibach Pro-kit would.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 231
Car : 99 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Front camber kit needed when lowering a 2g?

Post by ScreamingEagle on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:36 am

Hey George!
I religiously get mine aligned, it drives me batty if they're off. After lowering the ESi with the pro-kit, i needed to get the camber kit for the rear, but Eric was always able to get the front in spec. I could probably clean the car out and find some old alignment sheets if you want Wink Let me know when you need alignment, if you don't mind driving over here I can get Eric to do it for you. It's like $150 for a lifetime alignment. I think you can get it done at any Firestone (if you have some around you) but I only let Eric do mine.
ScreamingEagle

Number of posts : 47
Car : 07 Sky Redline, 97 Talon ESi, 95 Talon TSi AWD, 83 Eagle SX/4
Registration date : 2008-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboMike on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:24 am

I forget the numbers but you can go about 2 inches in the front before you NEED a camber kit. I remember about over an inch and 3/4 on my cars and the front was ok.

The rear is a lot different, however on the rear you can add spacers to the top A arm and get it even. I think after an inch and a half in the rear you'll need longer bolts to keep up with the spacer, but a little rear camber isnt too bad in terms of tire wear and grip if thats about where you want your car ride height set.

TurboMike
New NJDSM'er
New NJDSM'er

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top